Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Good bye to the old, in with the new

It definitely has been hard to say goodbye to so many of you.  But, at least for many, I did indeed have a chance to say goodbye.  Unfortunately, that has not been the case with everyone.  I ran into a former patient last week who hadn't gotten the word, so I gave him a quick rundown on what was going on in my life.  I realize that I have not been able to communicate with everybody concerning my practice plans, change of venue, etc.  For that I apologize.  We just did not have the resources to send out a mass mailing to everyone I have seen in the past 10 years.  I tried my best to identify many folks, but clearly was not able to let everyone know.  For that I apologize.  Please don't take it personally, as it was not intentional that you didn't get a notice.
Having said that, my understanding is that Northwest Family Care Center is still going strong and that there are many opportunities to establish care with one of the providers who are still there.  And our staff remains the same as well. 
And on the update side of things, my new job has started with many meetings, new employee orientation seminars and quite a few online classes to check off.  I think I will start seeing patients later this week.  There is quite a learning curve in the way they chart in medical records (the Epic system), but I think I am up to the challenge.  Having said that, I will miss my thick, heavy paper charts...an over 50 doctor's form of a security blanket, I suppose. 
On the home front, my wife, Gabrielle, had a recent CT scan which was clear.  It was cause for much rejoicing.  So for now, she is on the same routine of a single medicine infusion once every three weeks.  This is a far cry better than when she was getting the more intensive treatment of three drugs once a week. 
Am hopeful that things will stay like this for a while. 
So, thanks for checking in.  Stay healthy, keep those spring allergies at bay.   For those of you training for the STP, time to ramp it up to 40 mile rides about now.  As for those swimmers, I have yet to see any of you at Golden Gardens.  Remember, the "pool" is always open.  Come on in, the water's fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment