Thursday, May 28, 2015

Late May update

Hi, folks.
Well, May is almost done and you know what that means...summer is just around the corner (or whatever passes for it around these parts).
My job is still going pretty well.  I still miss the old place, so not much has changed on those fronts.  I have actually run into a couple of patients from the old clinic, and that has been fun.  

As much I as might miss the old place, one thing this new job has going for it is a little more free time to spend with Gabrielle, which has been one of the driving forces behind the move.  It has turned out to be very good, as we've had some time to do some fun things. We recently got back from a 9 day trip to the parks of southern Utah.  My only reaction is to ask myself "what took you so long to see them, Steve?"  They are absolutely amazing and if you haven't had a chance to go, I highly recommend them...well worth the trip. Fly into Salt Lake City and be greeted by all sorts of very nice, clean cut young men and women, then drive your rental car down I-15 and enjoy the 80 mph speed limit till you get to Zion (at that speed, takes about half an hour (or so)).  Alternately, you could fly to Vegas and hit the parks from there, but you'll miss out on all those nice folks in white shirts.  And, contrary to popular opinion, you can actually hit up the local Starbucks in Salt Lake City!
Just for fun, I am including a couple of pics below of yours truly and his special friend.  Mostly at Zion, but one at Cannon Beach.  As you can see, I appear to be enjoying myself, and Gabrielle is so fun to travel with.  It has been a real blessing to be able to spend this great time with her while we are both healthy enough to enjoy getting out and being active.
One more thing about Zion, then I will move on to something else. The hands down best hike in the park is one called Angel's Landing.  No pics here of it, but Google it if you wish.  It is steep, with cliffs on both sides and then you get to this amazing lookout on top.  Well worth it, if you go.
On the home front, I am delighted to report that Gabrielle's tumor marker has actually gone down (drop in CA-125 from 24 to 16.5) which has been a huge answer to prayer.  This is especially remarkable since for the past two months, she has not been on any medication at all for her cancer.  She had previously been on a maintenance dose of Avastin but needed to stop due to side effects.
So, right now, we are getting into a rhythm of work and play.  I miss my bicycle commute, but manage to swim a couple times a week (was at Golden Gardens yesterday before work).  I have even managed to carve out a little time here and there to mow the lawn a time or two and get a haircut, so it's all good.
That's it for now.  Stay healthy.  I'll check back in a month to keep you in the loop.
Oh, and in case you want even more details of the goings on at "casa Dudley", I remind interested parties to check out Gabrielle's blog at "welovegabrielle.blogspot.com".
In case you want to drop me a line, my e-mail is: stevedudley@comast.net.  I recently heard from one of you who asked about boating on salt water, so I still may have a little advice left in me.

And now for the pictures.  Don't we look like a happy couple?

 Zion scenery with a tourist who insinuated himself into the pic.

 Zion National Park




 Cannon Beach


Gabrielle in Zion

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Sports Betting - Titanium Arts
    › titanium-arts › gold-t- how to get titanium white octane › titanium-arts › gold-t- Gold-t- Tribute 1xbet app to the original T-16. Tribute to the original titanium watch band T-16. Tribute to the original T-16. Tribute to the original T-16. revlon hair dryer brush titanium Tribute to the original T-16. titanium band ring Tribute to the original T-16.

    ReplyDelete